Sunday, February 26, 2012

NBA All-Star Game Logo 2012


Anyone that knows me would tell you that I am a HUGE basketball fan. So since I am a marketer and a NBA fan it was only right to write this blog. The new 2012 NBA All-Star logo really jumped out at me as I was watching the game. Yes, I did see the high flying all-oops from Dwayne Wade to Lebron James. Even Chris Paul to Blake Griffin, however I am always looking for great creative. Its truly amazing how the 2012 NBA All-Star logo conforms to the host city each and every year. I want to take a moment to break down the 2012 edition.

The human brain processes logos in a particular order. 

  • Shape
  • Color
  • Name
Thats right, your brain processes logos in this way and in this order. The 2012 NBA All-Star logo really coincides with the theme of the Orlando Magic as the designer merged the Orlando Magic star with the shape of a basketball to make a pretty cool icon. In addition there is a NBA logo that is integrated within the interior of the logo. Great way to incorporate so many elements in a concise manner. Remember the key to logos is the ability to communicate in a concise and creative way. Period!

Also the colors not only coincide with the Orlando Magic, but they evoke emotions of trust and prestige. Yes that's what blue and gray will do. Last but not least is the name, in which we all are familiar. If you choose to look away from the screen and back at the logo, then your brain should remember the logo in that order. Shape, color and then the name. 

So that's it folks. I do look forward to the 2013 logo for the Houston All-Star game. I can promise it will incorporate those maroon and yellow colors. The only question is whether Dwight Howard will be in an Orlando Magic uniform or not. Time will tell. 

See you then!

1 comment:

  1. This post gave some awesome insight! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete